Fall is upon us in Champaign, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the perfect time to begin figuring out how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they create curb appeal and can make a large impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when determining your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is helpful when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the trendy door hangers this year include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a entertaining fall message to offer an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a canvas for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Champaign a call at 217-356-6474 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!