In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to enhance the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before ripping out your floors and tearing down your kitchen cabinets. Consider these do’s and don’ts to create the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Determine your kitchen must-haves—are you hoping to have an energy efficient kitchen? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with plenty of storage and countertop space that matches your needs and the needs of your home. What function do you want this space to serve? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Have them in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for many years.
- Forget your budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are highest on your list. We recommend budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you believe you’ll need so you can cover unexpected costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they allow light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are interested in replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 217-356-6474, visit our Champaign showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you pick out the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.