Cooler temps are heading our way in Champaign and when the temperature lowers, the energy costs can often get higher. There are many things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful regardless of the season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors provide during Champaign winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help decrease expenses on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Champaign experts a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can gather in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Take a dry paintbrush and clear these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Consult with a professional to fix these issues before the winter hits Champaign.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Champaign a call at 217-356-6474 or visit our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.