Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play a significant role in the aesthetic that guests have when coming into your Champaign home. When you decide it’s time to replace your doors, it generally means you are willing to increase your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home atmosphere. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and involve a few things to bear in mind. Lucky for you, the experts at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to take into account before you determine the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Complete the style of your doorway with enhancing hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accent your door with a pop of color? Colors that go with your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look unique!
- Experiment with lighting. People often undervalue the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The power of greenery about a doorway can also make a great first impression. Plants can pull attention to certain door details and distract attention away from other unfriendly features of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can improve a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can get a major facelift.
Welcome guests into your home with an inviting doorway and make a lasting first impression. Stop by the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Champaign, give them a call at 217-356-6474 or arrange an appointment online to discuss all the choices for getting replacement doors to boost the look of your home.