At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re dedicated to protecting the environment, including locally in Champaign. Whether it’s through our internal business practices or selling energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help you increase the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll feel the benefits all year long.
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 provides the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on specific climates. The styles below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from the elements year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 uses three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the panes.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 features insulating double-pane glass with dual coats of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also features insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating made using three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler in the summer. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to improve your energy efficiency.
Consult your Champaign Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Champaign region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking at three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – more layers of glass translates to more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella includes it between two or more glass panes to offer increased insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room when it’s cold; and it blocks harmful UV rays.
Pella Innovation for Champaign Area Home
We’ve added features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Various combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- One-of-a-kind snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Discover more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.